Thursday, June 19, 2008

ants level a block of apartments

Marcin Bartosz, 74, was tired of having ants in his apartment building. So, to solve the problem, he poured insecticide down a ventilation shaft. He apparently believed that the ventilation shaft would effectively spread the insecticide throughout the apartments.

But that wasn't the extent of his plan.

To assure the effectiveness of the insecticide, Marcin threw a burning towel down the ventilation shaft.

Not a wise move.

The insecticide was flammable and exploded in glorious splendor. The explosion burned an entire block of apartments in Lubin, Poland, and sent Marcin to the hospital with third degree burns.

Amazingly, no one else was injured. No word on the state of the ants.

No comments: