Wednesday, July 30, 2008

man nails head

This blog has carried the true stories of various people who seem oblivious. First, there was the man who got his leg torn off in a motorcycle accident... and didn't notice. More recently, there was a story of a woman who had a bat in her bra and didn't notice.

These folks are in the same family as George Chandler.

George Chandler is a home renovator in the state of Kansas. He knows how to use power tools because he works with them all the time.

Recently, Mr. Chandler and his friend, Phil Kern, were putting up lattice work at George's home. In the process of their work, the air pressure hose for the nail-gun got caught and accidentally discharged just as Mr. Chandler stood up.

George and Phil looked all around for the 2.5 inch nail that had been shot from the gun and couldn't find it -- until Phil noticed that it was lodged deep in George's head.

George said he only felt a little sting and had not even noticed the nail in his head.

The two immediately went to the hospital to have the nail extracted. A doctor in the emergency room tried to pull it out with a pair of pliers but to no avail.

Chandler told NBC News, "He looked at me and said, 'I need a claw hammer',"

"I thought, 'Ah, he's just teasing'.

"He got a screwdriver at the same time, and he took the screwdriver and pried the nail up a little bit and got the claw hammer."

The nail was safely removed and Mr. Chandler received several stitches before being sent home.
broken link?

No comments: