I was not planning to post anything until Monday, but this information is timely and “green.” It is about saving the planet and restoring relationships through recycling and reusing fruitcake.
Fruitcake recycling.com has some wonderful suggestions on what people can do with the fruitcakes they were given for Christmas.
a fruitcake dartboard, a fruitcake knife holder, a fruitcake utensil caddy,
a doorstop or a decorative holiday centerpiece!
Here are some other timely suggestions:
- Put one in the trunk of your car to aid with traction
- Use fruitcake next time you need to put your car up on blocks
- It comes in handy with a wobbly table or chair. Slice off as much as you need and put it under the short leg.
- Use as speed bumps to foil the neighborhood drag racers.
- Fruitcake makes a handy hammer.
- Kids can use fruitcake to make an indestructible fort.
- You could use fruitcake as the weights on a grandfather clock
- Fruitcake makes a colorful sail boat ballast
- Fruitcake works as a counterbalance weight on a cantilever crane.
For other timely suggestions on how to use, reuse, or recycle your fruitcake, visit: http://www.fruitcakerecycling.com/crafts.html